Friday, September 14, 2012

The journey continues...

Its been a LONG time since I posted...  
so I figured Id just dot point a few catch up details....
and then take off from there with my latest health endeavour.

My treatments ended....
my reconstruction was over....
and it was time to get on with mu life.
However I was overweight and felt like Id been through the wringer.

So at the end of 2011 I joined the Michelle Bridges 12wbt program....
It was truly life changing in a lot of ways.
It enabled me to loose a lot of the excess weight.....
and reinstalled my love of exercise.

You can watch a small video of my 12wbt journey here 
and read the posts relating to it here

However..... for all the hard work I have done.... and for all the weight lost
I've still battled to feel well.

So..... I read and searched....
Changed my training routine.....
Got inventive in the kitchen....
Added in a lot more vegetables....
and then decided to cut out all the refined sugars.
I cant recommend highly enough Sarah Wilsons quit plan...and her honest down to earth approach.
Sarah really was my inspiration.


You can read my sugar elimination posts here
and Sarah's book is available here if you are at all interested.

I truly though this was the key....
I was certain once the sugar was gone Id feel  million dollars...
and I did briefly... but then that darn old niggling unwellness seeped back in... 

I really was at a loss at what to try next.....
So although I knew that cutting out sugar was the right thing for me....
I also knew that there was also something else that needed to go.

So....I bought books..... and searched the web..... and read everything I could get my hands on....
but truthfully...
its so confusing....and so contradicting....and each approach has its own merits.
How on earth was I to choose what was right for me?

Then like a little godsend.....
I read a small article in our local paper...
It was just an article advertising a seminar about health.. 
and it was being run by a nutritionist who had grown up in the Riverland.

I was free....so I went along.

It was interesting.... a lot of it I already knew....and believed in....but it was a wonderful reminder....
and the key note from the day was .... 
that most of us lack good nutrition and are exposed to far too many toxins.

I felt like I had been ignoring this for too long.... that maybe I was meant to be at this seminar.... maybe I was destined to be there....to hear this....perhaps this is exactly what would give me the answers to my questions.

So I took the next step....
I booked a Liveblood analysis to see exactly what my problem was.

I had that done yesterday......and let me tell you..... my head is spinning....I have SO much information....
and so many changes to make....
Ill be back with an update once I get my head around it all.

No comments: